In Janaury, 2013, my company, Bitnetix, started working with a team of students from the University of Rochester Consulting Group. They are participating in a market research internship with us that will last until exams start in May. The team consists of:
- Alexander Feiszli, ’14, majoring in Economics
- Ben Bade, majoring in Brain and Cognitive Science with a minor in business
- Ningxue Jiang, majoring in Economics and Mathematics
- Rikesh Thapa, ’15, majoring in Computer Science and Financial Economics
- Rohini Rege, ’14, double majoring in Business & Psychology, and minoring in music
They are all very eager to see what a “real world company” does when performing market research. In return, Bitnetix gets some help developing our new markets and assistance with answering questions that arise from our preliminary assumptions regarding how our markets think.
We are very grateful to the University of Rochester for providing the students, and for High Tech Rochester for providing the opportunity to engage these bright students. Someday, we might even hire some of them full-time!